zaterdag 2 juli 2011

Satisfaction

Finally some blogging time! As told before I went to Graspop past Friday and weekend. Before I left I had my doubts because I am not really the kind of person to put in a crowd of a few ten thousand humans. Even tough I went last year a day, I knew barely anyone... I pushed myself to do it because I really, really, REALLY have to get out of my house more often and became even more introverted than ever the past four years. Also, some of the bands which performed were on my wish-list since the beginning I became aware of something called "alternative music" and I didn't want to let this opportunity pass because I fear strangers.

Which acts have I seen?
(I saw more acts, then I will describe here, but I only mention the most important ones for me. Also, I have difficulties with uploading pictures, I will probably add more photographs later.)
For me Graspop began with Arkona. This is a Russian folk metal band and they were quite good. ^^
Korn couldn't convince me, but I have to admit I barely knew their music.
The first "WOW-effect" came with Epica! They are one of the most important reasons why I hád to attend this years edition. I was very impressed by their singer Simone Simons.

the lead vocalist of Epica: Simone
I heard Volbeat only at the background, but enjoyed their performance.
The day finished with the Scorpions, which were okay.

The next day, Saturday the twenty-fifth of July, I celebrated my five years "alternative culture". ^^
(I think it's quite funny I still remember that, actually I heard only one person ever mention something as a date) I didn't do anything special, but it's just a fun-fact.
The first performance was Diablo Boulevard, the band of Alex Agnew, which is a very known comedian in Belgium. It drizzled tough the attendance was large. The act was nice but not too exiting.
Next act was the Italian Lacuna Coil. I adored their performance!

Lacuna Coil


Another peak was the concert by Arch Enemy. For my feeling their singer made a tiger-like appearance. They really "sucked" me into their performance.

FOTO

A rather extreme appearance was made by Cradle of Filth. I approved their act very much.
The images which played at the background, the clothing of the band members and the mutated microphones accomplished their performance.

FOTO

I missed Pain...!!! :( It's my own fault because I lost track of the time schedule, but I regret it a lot.
Ozzy Osbourne was scheduled as headliner that evening, but cancelled.
Instead we got more Judas Priest... -.-

I almost couldn't realise it when it was already Sunday!
We started with Steak Number Eight which was okay.
Next was Amorphis. I had expected more, but they satisfied. It surprised me I some band members passed later the day at the Festival Fair. : p
Avenged Sevenfold followed, but couldn't make me that enthusiast.
One of the best performances was made by a band never listened before: Legion of the Damned.
The performance was so catching!
My parents insisted on picking me up Sunday evening, so I left at nine o'clock in the evening.
The last act I saw at was Opeth. They weren't bad, but some other bands I saw could have blown them straight away.

That was the end of Graspop 2011 for me. I was insecure about going, but I am glad I did. Next year I should find more people to go with because this year I mainly accompanied two people and I didn't feel comfortable for them. Tough the only one making an issue about this seems to be me.

Thank you guys!

(I don't know if they will ever read this, but I intend to publish the link to my blog somewhere in the future)

Sometimes I found it hard to be surrounded by humans all the time. Tough I have met many people, even just briefly, and learned much about (let us call it:) a different culture than mine. XD

I believe it is true what an acquaintance said to me when I told him I felt awkward for knowing so little others: every year you go you will recognise more people of last year...! ^^

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten