maandag 4 juli 2011

Gathered by mices

Because last week's have been so busy, I barely found the time to blog.

I had my last secondary education exams and presented my GIP.
Afterwards I went to Graspop.
I slept only few hours every night (and couldn't catch up the sleep I missed during the exams), got wet two days, survived on cookies and bad tasting noodles, even tanned Sunday because I couldn't find my suncream at home, ... but funny enough everyone told me after my return I looked so much healthier than before. XD
Then I graduated as a pharmacy assistant and attended the prom of my school where I saw almost all my classmates getting drunk (very comic since I don't drink alcohol by myself).

This is the third year I will be a monitor for two weeks at the local playground and I had my first gathering with the two other girls of my group. This year I will take care for one week about four to five year olds and another week for nine to ten year old's. Actually I didn't intend to return to the playground, but to find a decent holiday-task this year. It's quite hard at the time itself and the preparations ask much time, but afterwards I always look back at those weeks with joy. I hope badly I can recruit some other people to go too because for now it seems like the second week I will have to try to keep more than twenty kids under control by my own!

I live near (one of) Belgium's largest mainstream festivals: Rock Werchter. Tickets are way too expensive and they drive up prices every year. But... as locals me and my sister know where we can enjoy acts at a distance for free. : p So when there's a performance we like to see, we take our bicycle and pay a visit to Werchter city. I accompanied my sister to Linkin Park as a goodbye for ten days.
The next day I brought my sister to Brussels for the bus to the amusements park trip in Spain.

Afterwards I had the great idea not to return straight home, but to stop first at Leuven for some sales. ^^
Because my sister kidnapped the crappy camera to Spain, pictures come within a week.
I found some great stuff! (but no clothing actually)
Yesterday I saw Iron Maiden. ^^ (not that I am a Maiden know it all, but when such a known band comes so near your house it would be a shame not to check it out) Too bad the sound wasn't loud enough sometimes, but further it was nice.

Tomorrow I will have my practical driving licence exam so currently I am preparing for that.
Afterwards I should do little preparations for our family holiday in the United Kingdom. (things we really should visit in London?), more playground preparations, some city trips and make my final decision which school courses I will follow the next years.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Things that you can't miss in London: Camden town! Take a whole day if you can to hang around there, walk over the Tower Bridge, got to the British museum (it is entirely free, contains Rosetta's stone and an impressive Egyptian collection), visit a Waterstone's book store, go to Covent Garden Market, visit Topshop and Primark stores in the sales period, visit Harrod's, have afternoon tea and scones/cupcakes.
    You might also enjoy the London Dungeon.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks ^^, one of the next days I will check everything you mentioned out.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen