vrijdag 31 augustus 2012

I am still alive!
What happened in the past months?

Last time I forgot to mention that during April I went to see Emilie Autumn and Anathema. I enjoyed both concerts a lot!

Author: unknown
source: http://www.peek-a-boo-magazine.be/











Author: unknown
Source: http://www.progarchives.com

















Most important: I decided which courses I want to follow!
Nursery-class teacher it will be.
I visited a nursery-class teacher to get some more information from "the field" and it sounded good. :)
Tough after the past year I am still in doubt whether I am able to achieve a Bachelor. I am not exceptionally bright or talented, and always had to work hard for school. Also, I consider changing school. The past year I studied at Heverlee (near Leuven) and the commuting was very harsh in combination with my sleeping problems. The train connection to Mechelen is apparently better from the village where I live. (I didn't want to study at Mechelen first because I have a bad impression of the city and the school at Heverlee has a better reputation)

I participated during the exams in June and my results were not good, but okay.

Somewhere during May I listened to a  song by Siouxsie and the Banshees and surprisingly I liked it. A week later I wanted to listen to The Cure. Which was all a bit strange because I am not into post-punk or new wave. Of course I listened to several songs in the past, but they just didn't feel "right" to me. I listen different genres of music, but I prefer metal the most. Anyway, I ended up liking The Cure too and by coincidence they were headlining the first day of the festival Rock Werchter. (very close to my home)
Aaaannnnnddd it turned out we had a spare ticket for that day in our family! =)
I saw several acts, but in general I liked the performance by Within Temptation the most. (which is also strange because I ever swore to myself I would never go to a paying performance by them) The Cure actually disappointed me a bit because the band was so static and in the middle of the performance it became a bit "boring". Though I enjoyed it a lot and the band played for almost two hours!(which is probably the reason of the "gap" in the middle of the performanc) Overall I was satisfied with my day. ^^

I learned two tings that day:
1) not all British people are as kind and polite as those I met in London.
[actually the couple I met was SO rude, they kind of spoiled my experience during the act of The Cure...]

2) The panic attacks I experience regularly when I've pushed myself to attend a "social event" are possibly not caused because of the presence of many people.
[I couldn't find anyone to accompany me at the festival, so I went alone. Not one panic attack occurred. I don't understand myself anymore.]

Sharon den Adel from Within Temptation
Robert Smith from The Cure



















I took advantage of the summer holiday to try a new small hair experiment which had to involve purple! I had to change my plans several times because I found the risk to mess up my hair too high or the right dye wasn't available. At the end I bleached at each side a hair lock near my ear and some ends. I dyed the locks at my ears with Violet by Directions. Too bad I couldn't dye more purple into my hair, but I didn't want to risk having to change my hair for coming internships. Though I  am very satisfied by the results! ^^
(no pictures... Yet?)

At the beginning of July I went on holiday for two weeks to France. I was the one who suggested that destination to my family because after nine years of education I liked to hear French spoken by natives. The holiday was okay, but nothing can beat Great Britain last year. :p During this holiday I had my twentieth birthday, which I still can't realise fully. XD
I got a bike for my birthday! ^^

Then it was almost August and I had to study for my re-exams, which I failed at because of demotivation. This was already the second series of exams I participated at while I know I will quit this study.... (In Belgium we have a very complicated system involving study points, which you need to start a study and I would lose points for each exam I didn't succeed)
My re-exams are finished.

I have still two weeks of holiday to go! :D That's more than I thought!


Greetings



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten